Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Y2 Kay" / Gothic.Net / June 1999

Sale number three proved a winning number for a story I was afraid would never see the light of day. Not because I didn't think it would be good enough, but because after December 31, 1999, it's pretty useless. A man named Paul Winslow & I were talking at work about the Y2K problem and I said, "Listen, what's really going to happen is..." and when I finished he asked if that was one of my stories and I said, "No. But I guess it should be." Thanks to Seth Lindberg, editor of Gothic.Net, for buying it. And, technically, this is my first professionally-paying sale (don't get all drooly, it was 69 bucks). Gothic is an extremely visible site. I'm psyched to be a part of them. They archive for 1 year, which as I revamp the wording on these entries is way long ago.

No comments: