Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"AM" / Bonetree / Published October 1999

Friday the 13th proved to be lucky after all. Thanks much to my newest best friend editor Janice Kirkwood who has bought said story and published it in the webzine Bonetree [warning: Bonetree, in its current incarnation, is an erotic fiction site - not plain old horror like it had been - so be warned if you hit the link above], and to some acclaim (i.e. a few people actually read it). As far as the story, I recently decided that writing just at lunch wasn't enough. Most of my time is dedicated to the book. So, to keep my short story muscles up, I started using my $200 laptop at night, instead of reading. "AM" is my first nocturnal creation. The stories I do at night like this tend to be more moody, probably because I'm half-asleep writing them. I'd boot up the story the next night, and not be able to read the last two sentences because I'd fallen asleep while writing them. My fingers just forgot to stop typing.

No comments: