Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Redemption" / Mindmares.. sort of... then not

Had sold to Mindmares magazine but they went out of business. Marketing again. It was nice to finally sell this story, only to have the magazine that bought it, Mindmares, go out of business a month before it appeared. The story's gone through a number of iterations, starting out almost two years ago as "Doomsday" and entirely different. Over the last few months I've completely redrafted it and even still, I was going to shelve it. But I re-read it and said This is too good, and in a number of ways too personal a story for me to cancel. So I went through it again and tightened it up. I remarketed this story, and if you read the intro to it in Christmas Trees and Monkeys you'll learn the whole sordid tale..

No comments: