Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"The Monkey on the Towers" / reprinted in Mardus Magazine / December 2000

This story, originally published in the webzine The Orphic Chronicle (see below), was translated into Esty (Estonian) and published in Mardus 4/2000 (Dec 2000). Mardus is an incredibly slick, very well-put-together magazine. The only problem: I can't read a word of it. Not even my story. You see, Mardus is published solely in the Baltic country of Estonia.The editor contacted me after having read the piece in the Orphic Chronicle, and asked if he could translate it and publish it in his magazine. I'm the opening story, followed by original Esty-language pieces, and closed out by a Clark Ashton Smith story. To be honest (I got a copy of the issue), the quality of the magazine (which is more like a book / anthology than a mag, perfect bound and everything) is higher than any I've seen at ALL in this country save the very highest ends. Nice job, Mario. Still, I can't read a word.

No comments: