Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"The Doll Wagon" / PODDITIES - A Creative Tribute to Jack Finney's Novel Body Snatchers (anthology) / Published January 2001


Honorable Mention in The Year's Best Fantasy & Horror, 15th edition
OK, so maybe they could have shrunk down the title a liiittle bit. :-) I wrote this one by request, actually. The editors of the PODDITIES anthology asked me to write something for this while we were in line for dinner at the writers conference NECON (after a hard day at softball). Well, this had to be the fastest I've ever written anything - the story came to me the next day while I was mowing the lawn back home, and in a week it was done. This one was great fun. Thanks to Suzanne Donahue and Stefano Donati for the opportunity. PODDITIES is now available and I'm getting some good feedback on the piece. A copy is only $ 8.00 but you can only get it by sending a check to Suzanne Donahue; PO Box 4594; Bennington, VT 05201

2 comments:

Antmusic said...

I just read Poddities, and your story was AMAZING. I have never read your work before, but NOW, I will have to! Thanks!

Daniel G. Keohane said...

Wow.. ok, so it took me 2 years to notice this comment. Sorry about that. Thanks!! :-)