Tuesday, March 5, 2024

"The Space Between" / Wicked Abandoned anthology / Later in 2024 from the New England Horror Writers


Now that I no longer actually edit these anthologies, I've wanted to submit a story to one, especially since the group uses blind submissions, so the editors do not know who wrote the story until all selections are made. Wicked Abandoned is the upcoming new anthology from the NEHW and I'm pleased to, at least quietly for now since no one ever reads this blog, that my story "The Space Between" has been accepted. It deals with a rather different take on the theorized Rapture of the church, but not just the Christian one. Anyway, not really horror as much as, well, one of my stories that at times defy genre-defining. But I was pretty happy with it, and very happy editor Rob Smales accepted it. I wonder if he knows by now that I wrote the piece. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :)

No comments: